|Organizer||News Leaders Association|
19 Feb 2021 5:00pm UTC
(8 months ago)
In your time zone: Feb 19 12pm EST
In a year unlike any other, the News Leaders Association has geared its awards to reflect the extraordinary journalism produced in 2020, with streamlined categories that take into account the massive stories that unfolded across the past twelve months. We urge news organizations of all sizes to enter, and judges will take into consideration the special circumstances that many or most outlets, including smaller ones, had to face to produce excellent journalism.
All news websites, news services (including radio, TV stations and magazines) and newspapers in the United States are eligible to enter. Each nominating organization must create its own account to enter.
The categories for this year's awards are:
• Dori J. Maynard Justice Award
• Batten Medal for Coverage of the Coronavirus Pandemic
• Deborah Howell Award for Writing Excellence
• Frank A. Blethen Award for Local Accountability Reporting
• Burl Osborne Editorial and Opinion Award
• Punch Sulzberger Innovator of the Year Award
We are also excited to announce a special new award category that will be included in this year's awards:
• News Leader of the Year Award
This year, there will not be separate award categories for small and large newsroom divisions.