Tue May 25 JST (5 months ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Mon May 24 11:00pm - Tue May 25 2:30am
This Forum will bring together senior policy makers and industry representatives to develop concrete recommendations and action plans for advancing a financially inclusive and resilient COVID-19 recovery.
The focus will be on addressing economic challenges due to COVID-19 facing the region’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people, and opportunities for expanding innovative and inclusive digital finance solutions. Policy recommendations formulated during the forum will be presented to APEC Finance Ministers for consideration, in alignment with APEC’s COVID-19 recovery policy responses.
• Exchange public and private sector views on the latest financial inclusion trends, recent achievements, challenges, and opportunities.
• Pertaining to APEC and ADB member economies.
• Spotlight COVID-19 era financial inclusion policy strategies, experiences, and lessons learned.
• Provide a platform for brainstorming policy recommendations that could build digitally driven financial inclusion in Asia and the Pacific after the pandemic.
• Enhanced understanding of the roles of digitalization and innovative finance toward financial inclusion and inclusive COVID-19 recovery in Asia and the Pacific.
• Greater dialogue and partnership between policy makers and industry representatives on key inclusive finance and financial market infrastructure issues.
• Policy recommendations to support APEC Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors’ efforts to strengthen financial inclusion in the region.
• Asian Development Bank
• Foundation for Development Cooperation
• APEC Business Advisory Council