Mon Dec 10 GMT - Tue Dec 11 GMT (almost 3 years ago)
In your timezone (EST): Mon Dec 10 12:00am - Tue Dec 11 12:00am
10 St James's Square, London SW1Y 4LE
Today, families in the Gulf and wider Middle East are at a pivotal moment during one of the deepest transformations the region has witnessed. Private wealth has surged to $8trillion and the 2030 economic vision creates a new business paradigm for active families.
So crucial is this juncture that after a decade of success, Campden Wealth are manifesting a marked move from a focus on the “family office” to the evolving “family enterprise” structures, which now form the bedrock of vitality for the family portfolio of investments as well as operating assets.
Probing the key topics families face – growth, governance, asset allocation and strategy – this collaborative, albeit private initiative will bring inspirational energy and candid insight from respected, active families on how to invest, structure and plan for the future to ensure multigenerational success.
HEADLINES ASIDE, TREND LINES AS FOLLOWS:
• Private wealth in the Gulf region is anticipated to hit $12 trillion by 2021
• A generational transfer of wealth of over $1 trillion is expected in the next decade, with worrying statistics on succession and the need to adopt best in class governance
• Start-up activity illustrates plenty of upside – some prominent examples are the acquisitions of Souq by Amazon and Namshi by Emaar Malls
• Optimising asset allocation while identifying safe havens amidst a rebounding global economy and geopolitical tensions is key to preserving wealth
• The fourth industrial evolution adds another dimension for those seeking a competitive advantage, better efficiencies and returns - but technological change can be a double edged sword
• Level of wealth controlled by women in the GCC is estimated to be $216 billion - albeit with a very significant “dormant” owing to a lack of service options and barriers. The new business paradigm will see women playing an increasingly important role in family wealth, allocation and leadership