Thu Mar 7 CET - Fri Mar 8 CET (over 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EST): Thu Mar 7 2:00am - Fri Mar 8 11:00am
NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
Dam 9, 1012 JS Amsterdam, Netherlands
The 14th Annual Rights & Responsibilities of Institutional Investors will again be held in Amsterdam and co-sponsored by Institutional Investor and Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check LLP.
• The end of the free trade era: Impact on societies, businesses, and asset management and investment strategies
• Corporate governance in your emerging markets portfolio
• Must active engagement retrench this year? Are other issues taking precedence for funds and plans?
• The end of the all-powerful Chairman/CEO?
• Brexit: Are you ready? – The short term versus strategic implications
• Workshop for legal executives on artificial intelligence/machine learning and what it means for asset managers
• What does a proper disclosure regime for investors look like?
• Is there a new class action regime developing in Europe?
• Corporate politics: The upside and downside to politicians on corporate boards
• Voting rights: Can and should all investors be treated equally?
• China pivots: Impact on investments and corporate governance in China
• In the race to find PE opportunities, are we seeing a loosening of fiduciary duties?
• Where do directors’ responsibilities begin and end? And where do investors’?
• The Big 4: Client interest/public interest/corporate interest – who are they serving?
• Who can sanction the Board? What do you do with boards which refuse to respond to the demands of shareholders?