|Event Date||Mon Mar 22 EDT - Thu Mar 25 EDT (over 1 year ago)|
The ‘next normal’ refers to a world which will be different in the post-Covid-19 era compared to what came before the pandemic. The term was coined by McKinsey & Company, and has become a widely used concept. It is based upon the proposition that after the pandemic the world will not go back to the conditions that prevailed until 2019, but that the “post-COVID-19 era” will be different. Indeed, in the last 12 months the world has witnessed dramatic changes, such as:
• an acceleration in the use of new technologies;
• digitalisation and new forms of working;
• disruption and fundamental reshaping in supply chains; and
• medical innovations, including e-health.
Beyond that, the traditional shareholder-value centered business model is now being seriously challenged by the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) responsibility model, and companies of all sizes are increasingly acknowledging responsibility for their environmental and social impact.
In this Conference we will:
• Look at ‘next normal’ for entrepreneurs and businesses
• Analyse why and how they have been able to either quickly adapt to radically changed conditions, or develop new and successful business models in no time
• Discuss and exchange experiences and thoughts about what the ‘next normal’ means for law firms, and the way we work generally, in a dedicated breakout group session,
• Analyse and discuss – in a webinar and a dedicated breakout group session – what the ‘next normal’ is in terms of corporate governance, M&A transactions and deal-terms, and financing of small and medium-sized companies.
The format of this year’s Virtual Entrepreneurship Conference virtually follows the successful setup of the annual Global Entrepreneurship Conference, with interactive sessions hosted by entrepreneurs and keynote speakers from industry and practical workshops, held in small groups, on selected topics with high relevance for our day-to-day work. The Conference will also include two virtual social events that will maximise the networking experience for all attendees.
After the success of our first edition Virtual Entrepreneurship Conference in May 2020, it is back with more lively discussions thanks to innovative virtual session formats, and, most importantly, the active participation of many committees and fora of the IBA. Join us for an practical and interactive conference and enjoy the legendary ‘Closely Held’ spirit!
Partner at Bratschi Ltd.
Nicole Van Ranst
Corporate M&A Lawyer, Newton Law Belgium