Thu Sep 10 CEST - Fri Sep 11 CEST (over 1 year ago)
In your timezone (EST): Thu Sep 10 3:00am - Fri Sep 11 8:30am
GDI Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute
Langhaldenstrasse 21, 8803 Rüschlikon, Switzerland
Retail is currently reinventing urban spaces, with city centres experiencing the greatest transformation since the invention of cars. We’re just not quite prepared for the delivery economy and its delivery vehicles, couriers, robots and drones. Urban production, meanwhile, is increasingly becoming feasible again.
Convenience and pop-ups are increasingly merging with innovative sustainability and reselling ideas as the number of people looking to consume less at a better quality grows. Resale is set to become the new sales. As part of what mix of offerings will retail be attractive and profitable?
The 70th International Retail Summit will address the following questions, among others:
• City centres: from shopping area to representational area?
• Prestige constructions vs. container shops: is the rise of small formats unstoppable?
• On- or offline, it’s all the same to the customer. When will retailers follow suit?
• A four-minute last mile? Getting a grip on delivery
• Urban life needs retail, and shopping needs passers-by. Or do they?
• Centre vs. periphery: is production returning to cities?
• Where can I actually meet my customers today?
Group Managing Director, The KaDeWe Group
Contributor, The New York Style and British Vogue
Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute
Kristian Skovbakke Villadsen
Partner & Director, Gehl Architects
Professor of Economics and Public Policy, Stony Brook University
Founder and Owner, Fressnapf Holding
Manager, IKEA Switzerland
Chief Marketing Officer, Klarna Bank AB
Co-founder and Managing Director, Farm Urban
Co-founder, Think Tank Arthesia
Managing Director, Semaest
Co-Founder and Chairman, Cocoon
Managing Director, Creapaper
Ambassador of Israel to Switzerland
CEO, Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute for Economic and Social Studies
TV Journalist, Filmmaker and Media Trainer
• C.A.S.H DAS HANDELS MAGAZIN
• Lebensmittel Zeitung
• THE SPIN
• MMM CLUB
• SWISS CHINESE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• 2020 BRITISH SWISS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CENTENARY