Wed Sep 29 CDT - Thu Sep 30 CDT (28 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Wed Sep 29 9:00am - Thu Sep 30 6:00pm
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
120 E Delaware Pl, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Allocators’ concerns on inflation, interest rates, duration, and yield have all remained top of mind. As fixed income is looking to rebound, investors seem to be looking more closely than ever at private debt market. And their funds seem to be following. Will this lead to an environment of fixed income private markets strategies versus fixed income public markets strategies as opposed to private markets AND public markets? Only time can tell. (With a lot of pundits opining in the meantime.)
But with an increasing interest in niche fixed income sectors, are investors looking at new or existing manager? It is also time to discuss the incorporation of ESG in fixed income portfolio and how investors due diligence process has evolved.
It is important to finally be able to join your peers in an in-person setting to share ideas and benchmark your fixed income investment strategy. At Institutional Investor’s 7th Annual Redefining Fixed Income Forum, senior-level executives at pensions, insurance funds and endowments and foundations will share opinions and insights on a range of topics.
• Building the modern fixed income portfolio: Revamping existing opportunities and exploring the new ones created post pandemic.
• Macro factors: Inflation risk, high fees, interest rates: What are the concerns and how are you prepared?
• Implementing ESG strategies in fixed income: Changing portfolios for the good
• Finding the best strategies in fixed income: Is it time to be tactical, strategic, or opportunistic?
• Turning the tide: Finding yield in fixed income portfolio as markets recover
• A shift from public to private debt market: SPACS, CLOs, Structured credit and more
• The value in bonds: Do they provide safe havens or diversification in portfolio?
• Opportunities in emerging markets: Risk vs. rewards as volatility remains high
• Sectors leading the fixed income market in 2021 and beyond
• Rethinking the traditional 60/40 portfolio: Is it still relevant?
• With rising upside risk, time to focus on downside protection
• Systematic fixed income: What models work/don’t work under different macroeconomic scenarios
Senior Consultant, AndCo Consulting
Director of Fixed Income, Managing Partner, Marquette Associates
Vice President, Portfolio Management, Brandywine Global Advisors
Chief Investment Officer, Vice President, Drexel University
Chief Investment Officer, Principia College
Senior Manager, Investments, Boeing
Portfolio Manager, T. Rowe Price
Chief Strategist, BCA Research
Head of Fixed Income, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
Investment Officer, Aegis Insurance Service, Inc.
Senior Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation
Head of Fixed Income, AXA XL, a division of AXA
Managing Director, Credit, Cleveland Clinic
Ben Bronson, CFA, CAIA
Director of Liquid Strategies, Fire & Police Pension Association of Colorado
Director of Investments, Health Care Service Corporation
Al Y. Kim
Director of Investments, Helmsley Charitable Trust
Investment Director – Fixed Income and Private Credit, Indiana Public Retirement System
Joseph M. Rumph
Manager, Absolute Return and Fixed Income, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
Senior Investment Manager, Michigan Department of Treasury
Managing Director of Investments, New York University
Director of Fixed Income, Shelter Insurance Companies
Senior Investment Officer-Global Bonds and Real Return, Teachers’ Retirement System of the State of Illinois
Vice President of Strategic Asset Allocation and Fixed Income, Verizon Investment Management Corporation
• Alliance Bernstein
• Brandywine Global Investments
• PGIM Fixed Income
• Reams Asset Management
• T. Rowe Price
• Voya Investment Management