|Event Date||Mon Mar 16 EDT (almost 2 years ago)|
General Accounting provides a complete foundation in basic accounting procedures. This 16-week course presents the fundamentals of accounting in a practical, up-to-date, and easy-to-comprehend manner. The goal is to provide students with a strong basic knowledge of accounting terms, concepts, and procedures. Emphasis is placed on developing a firm foundation of fundamental procedures with appropriate repetition of content through the use of examples and color-coded illustrations.
After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
• Understand the basic accounting cycle and define the basic elements used such as asset, liability, owner's equity, revenue, and expense accounts
• List the steps in the accounting cycle; prepare a post-closing trial balance and interim statements
• Understand and perform functions relative to bank accounts and cash funds
• Understand the implications of dealing with employee earnings and deductions, and with employee taxes, payments, and reports
• Prepare a classified income statement and balance sheet, compute working capital and current ratio and journalize closing entries for a business