|Event Date||Tue May 4 EDT (6 months ago)|
This full-day seminar brings you information you need to keep on top of the latest changes in the field of ACH processing. Presented in an easy-to-understand, one-day format, this seminar reviews the basis and structure of all ACH processing - the NACHA Rules. This seminar includes discussion on both receiving and origination. Recent and upcoming changes to the Rules including Reversals and Enforcement, Meaningful Modernization, Limitations on Warranty Claims, Differentiating Unauthorized Return Reasons – 2021 Impacts, Supplementing Data Security Requirements – 2021 Impacts, ACH Contact Registry – 2021 Impacts, and Supplementing Fraud Detection Standards for WEB Debits are discussed in detail. Recent proposed Rules changes including Account Information Improvements, and Increasing the Same-Day ACH Dollar limit are reviewed. The annual expansion of and enhancements to the ACH “self-audit” are thoroughly discussed, and the federal ACH examination is highlighted.
Treasury’s Green Book - A Guide to Federal Government ACH Payments and Collections is discussed with a focus on the reclamation process, and the 2021 modifications to the Green Book. An update is also provided on Treasury’s ongoing efforts to expand direct deposit and the utilization of “Go Direct®”.
Compliance issues including OFAC impacts to ACH processing, suspicious activity reporting (SAR), the federal focus on ACH as part of the annual Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) examination efforts, and the standardization of the garnishment of exempt federal benefits payment processing, are all highlighted. Major areas of ACH risk are addressed, including methods and procedures to minimize risk exposure. This seminar provides attendees with the opportunity to network with other professionals interested in ACH processing and compliance.
New and Recent NACHA Rules
• Reversals and Enforcement.
• Meaningful Modifications.
• Limitation on Warranty Claims.
• Differentiating Unauthorized Return Reasons – 2021 Impact.
• Supplementing Data Security Requirements.
• ACH Contact Registry – 2021 Impact.
• Supplementing Fraud Detection Standards for WEB Debits.
• Expanded Same Day ACH: Additional Processing Window.
• Account Information Improvements (proposed).
• Increasing the Same-Day ACH Dollar Limit (proposed).
The Latest on Federal Government Payments & Processing
• The Green Book – On-Line PDFs – 2021 Update.
• 31 CFR Part 210.
• Reclamation Process / EIP, UI, and IRS Tax Refund Processing.
• Direct Deposit and “Go Direct®” updates.
2021 Audit and Examination Guidelines
• Annual Self-Audit Procedures – 2021 Focus Points.
• Federal Audit Guidelines on ACH.
• Synthetic Identity Fraud.
• Terminated Originator Database (TOD).
• BSA Examination impacts to ACH Processing.
• Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) – Impacts to ACH Operations.
• OFAC – Updated Impacts to ACH Operations.
• Garnishment of Exempt Federal Benefit Payments – Impacts to ACH Operations.
Vice President, ProBank Austin