Mon Jan 24 PST - Tue Jan 25 PST (about 21 hours ago)
In your timezone (EST): Mon Jan 24 3:00am - Tue Jan 25 3:00am
Practising Law Institute
455 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Why You Should Attend?
Intellectual property licensing continues to grow increasingly complex with the legal, regulatory and technical landscape constantly evolving. Building and maintaining a successful and effective practice requires that practitioners stay sharp and current in a wide variety of key areas. Whether you are using licensing to develop technology, expand or create market opportunities, develop technology, or generate returns from existing assets, managing licensing transactions requires a broad and deep toolkit. Additionally, whether licensing patents, copyrights, trade secrets or trademarks, the ability to structure, draft and negotiate complex license agreements is critical to a successful transaction. This comprehensive program will feature updates on current legal developments, present case studies highlighting best practices, discuss tactics for negotiating frequently contested issues, and provide guidance on identifying and avoiding common pitfalls.
What You Will Learn?
• Advanced considerations in copyright, content, and trademark licensing
• Software licensing
• Walkthrough of the key provisions of a license agreement
• Drafting to account for litigation risks Recent developments in legal enforceability of open source licenses
• Special contract issues raised by cloud computing
• Licensing of Big Data
• Life sciences licensing
• Addressing international licensing issues
• Mastering effective negotiation strategies
Who Should Attend?
• This advanced program is focused on those who already have experience in the substantive area of intellectual property law, and who devote a substantial amount of their practice to licensing.
Dawn M. Barsy
Senior Director, Global Pharma Partnering Transactions
Cassidy E. Chivers
Shareholder, Barron & Newburger, P.C.
Laura M. Franco
Co-Chair, Winston & Strawn LLP
Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
Mark S. Holmes
CEO, PatentBridge LLC
Brian S. Kelly
Partner, Greenberg Traurig LLP
Peter J. Kinsella
Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
Christian H. Nadan
SVP & General Counsel, Bugcrowd
Partner, Richardson Oliver Law Group
Partner, Cooley LLP
Marc P. Schuyler
Principal, Law Office of Marc P. Schuyler
Deputy General Counsel,Contentful, Inc.
Vice President, Ushio America
David W. Tollen
Attorney, Sycamore Legal
Mark G. Tratos
Adjunct Faculty, University of Nevada Las Vegas Boyd School of Law and Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Bijal V. Vakil
Executive Partner, White & Case LLP
US Managing Partner & Registered Foreign Legal Consultant, Fieldfisher LLP
Co-Chair, Perkins Coie LLP
Jessica L. Rothstein
Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP
Partner, PatentEsque Law Group, LLP