Thu Jan 20 +08 (7 days ago)
In your timezone (EST): Wed Jan 19 11:00am - Wed Jan 19 11:00am
In this RadioFinance session, we will discuss the 2022 forecast on the banking industry of the Asia Pacific region, the dominant trends and challenges to watch, and the direct effect of inflationary pressures on the different markets in the region. The key discussion will be around the following areas:
• What will the recovery of the banking industry in the Asia Pacific look like in the volatile COVID-19 environment given the increasing vaccination rates but emergence of new variants?
• How will inflationary pressures impact monetary policies and bank credit?
• How will digitalisation shape the banking industry in the coming years?
• What key transformative trends and risks should major industry players watch?
• Will the impact of challenges such as supply chain disruptions persist?
Chief Economist, APAC, Natixis
Director, East Asian Institute, National University Singapore Former Chief Economist, East Asia and Pacific, World Bank
Vice President, Senior Credit Officer, Moody's
MD and Chief Economist DBS Bank
Foo Boon Ping
Managing Editor, The Asian Banker