|Event Date||Thu Mar 3 EST (in about 2 months)|
To assist members in strengthening their Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) programs to meet their compliance obligations and protect their business, AFIA is hosting an ‘Operationalising AUSTRAC’s Non-Bank Lending Risk Assessment’ webinar.
Tune in to hear AUSTRAC give guidance on the non-bank lending sector’s risk assessment, the methodology that informed the overall assessment (customer attributes vs transactional analytics) and trends and typologies that are being seen in the sector.
This session is designed to address potential challenges in applying the AML/CTF obligations and improve the sectors general understanding of the key risk factors for the industry, in particular loan application and identity fraud and how members can apply the risk assessment to their operations and mitigate these risks.
The session will cover:
• AUSTRAC’s risk assessment and mitigation strategies with an operational lens i.e how to use the assessment and AML/CTF obligations to
• Suspicious Matter Reporting trends in the non-bank lending and finance sector
• AML/CTF obligations for non-bank lenders
• fraudulent activities and emerging trends in the financial sector
• challenges members are having to apply the framework.