Wed Oct 6 AST - Thu Oct 7 AST (11 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Wed Oct 6 8:00am - Thu Oct 7 4:00pm
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051, United States
Whether you believe markets are headed higher or lower, one thing is for certain: market volatility is here to stay. In this two-day, hands-on executive seminar, you’ll get an introduction to risk management strategies that could help you survive – and thrive – even in the most volatile markets.
Topics will include:
• An informative overview of the commodity markets and the full spectrum of financial instruments used for hedging, including futures, options, swaps and options on swaps.
• Understanding how producers and end users can use risk management strategies to help achieve budget objectives.
• How wholesalers can make effective use of contracting techniques.
• Methods for physical purchasing using forward contracts and shipping via pipeline.
• Specific strategies to help protect shrinking retail margins.
• Understanding the value of real-time market pricing and its benefit to your operations.
James M. Burr
Senior Vice President - Energy, StoneX Financial Inc. FCM Division