|Event Date||Thu Jul 22 EDT (12 months ago)|
Bitcoins, Ether, Dogecoin, blockchain, dapps, Smart Contracts, NFTs….a new world full of strange names and acronyms is quickly dominating the financial landscape. This webinar provides a basic introduction to the world of blockchain and digital assets. The webinar will also discuss the markets in which they trade, the players which comprise the market, the principal risks, the regulatory setting and….how this new world intersects with traditional banking.
• Introduce the concept of Distributed Ledgers and the Blockchains;
• Breakdown different types of Digital Assets;
• Discuss the Market Segments and Players and how they relate to traditional banking;
• Obtain an overview of the current international, federal and state regulatory environments;
• Explain the key elements in understanding the new risks and internal program and control requirements;
• Discuss the future of digital assets within traditional banking: a threat or opportunity?
• Discuss considerations relating to internal audit and financial reporting
Senior Vice President – Innovation and Strategy
Principal & Financial Services Consulting