Tue Jul 16 CDT - Thu Jul 18 CDT (over 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Tue Jul 16 8:00am - Thu Jul 18 1:00pm
201 S 11th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA
We all know that insurance is a relationship business. Those with strong relationships tend to be more successful. Participants in The Broker Smackdown not only learn the principles of finance and strategy, but also raise their “people skills” through the use of the DiSC Workplace Profile. This assessment focuses on: discovering your own style; understanding other styles and using that information to build more effective relationships. Note: In preparation for this segment, participants are asked to complete an online assessment.
What Will You Learn?
• A "total agency" perspective so you can Lead vs. Manage the business
• How to apply proven business and management topics to agency operations
• How to think strategically and analyze complex business issues
• How to analyze key financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
• How to measure success using financial ratios and KPIs including production ratios, expense ratios, Trust ratio, segment profitability, and EBITDA.
• How decisions in one function impact the entire agency (integrated decision making)
• How to establish effective group decision-making roles and processes
• The importance of the customer and their "lifetime value"
• How to make better decisions and drive improved business performance
Whos Should Attend?
Firms are encouraged to send teams of 2 or 4 emerging leaders (high-potential employees with less than five years of experience in key organizational roles) to any regional competition site (you do not necessarily have to send your team to the nearest region).
Here are some of the titles of past participants:
• Mktg. Specialist/Producer
• Client Executive
• Practice Manager
• Assoc. Gen. Counsel
• Managing Director
• Dir. of Quality and Compliance
Founder & Partner PriSim Business War Games
Vice President PriSim Business War Games
Leadership Development Consultant CTT+