|Event Date||Thu Jan 6 EST (18 days ago)|
Business interruption insurance is often perceived as a highly technical field, both difficult to sell and to service. As a result, it is a commodity that, although important to all risk portfolios, is undersold. This seminar aims to put aside the accounting and the numbers so that the insurance people in all disciplines can get a better handle on the how tos of business interruption.
Business interruption insurance is a vital component of any business continuity plan and requires concentrated attention because it cannot be altered after a disaster occurs. Many aspects of BI replicate business continuity planning, especially the business impact analysis aspects of it and requires an understanding from the insurance professional from different aspects.
• Four KEY Concepts that you must know to properly write Business Income Coverage
• Major Business Income Policy Provisions
• An overview on how to calculate Coinsurance, Period of Restoration and Coverage Amounts
• Non-Coinsurance Options and when you should consider them
• How to determine Extra Expense needs and options for providing coverage
Melanie Needham, FCIP, CRM
President, MRD Consulting