|Event Date||Mon May 10 EDT (6 months ago)|
Catalyst Cap Intro events are investor driven and transactional events that host alpha-oriented investment managers and institutional grade investors that are introduced to each other with a view to become investment partners.
This spring 2021 Catalyst Cap Intro Event focuses on L/S Equity | Quant | CTA Fund Investing strategies. Strategies covered include: L/S equity, Long-biased, Long-only, Sector or Industrial focus, Activist, Event Driven, Fundamental, Quantitative, High frequency trading, Stat arb, Vol arb, Pure Arb, Signals trading with A.I., Intangible assets trading, Overlay strategies, CTAs, Options and futures, Currencies, Blockchain strategies, Systematic equity, and more. Managers typically offer their products through investment funds, but also SMAs or advisory features.
This event is virtual, where managers give online presentations, followed by virtual private meetings. The event concludes with a virtual networking reception. Participants are given access to a dedicated online Event Portal, where the agenda, meetings, event binder and delegates are listed.
The introductions are arranged prior the events, in an investor driven fashion based on the merits of each investment manager and the requests made by the investors. There are no service providers, only managers and investors.
Investors are pre-screened and pre-qualified prior the events, by completing a COIN questionnaire. Investors constitute predominantly single and multi-family offices, investor intermediaries, and end-investors, located in the US but also internationally.
This event production builds on Catalyst’s history and successful track record in putting together industry-recognized and effective capital raising events.
Rationale To Attend?
Rationale For Managers:
• Get in-depth private meetings with active investors
• Each event has a special strategy, industry or asset class focus, to increase the fit with the investors
• Meetings are investor driven, with investors requesting to meet with managers
• Fees are competitive and early registration is rewarded
• If a manager does not get enough investor interest before an event, you may cancel and be refunded
Rationale For Investors:
• Meet with managers in a certain sector or asset class in an extremely time efficient format
• Benefit from getting introduced to managers that are pre-selected, best-in-class, and alpha oriented
• Attendance is complimentary, granted you qualify as an investor
• Review the short-listed managers before the event, and only request to meet with managers you are interested in; no 'minimum set' of meetings necessary
• Benefit from learning from fellow investors' questions and perspectives
• Backstop Barclay Hedge
• Hedge Fund Alert
• Private Banking
• Savvy Investor
• Smart Money Match