|Event Date||Mon Feb 14 EST (in 25 days)|
After this webinar, you'll be able to:
• Explain how the LIHTC program works
• Understand the lending rules under the LIHTC program
• Distinguish between the 9% and the 4% tax credits
• Explain how to use the federal tax credits as equity in the project
• Define the special loan documents that are required for a LIHTC project
Credit unions are interested in becoming involved with multi-family affordable housing projects. The most well-known program is the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, where federal tax credits provide the necessary equity capital to make the multi-family affordable housing project financially feasible. Credit unions can act as the construction lender or the tax credit bridge lender. This webinar will explain the LIHTC program from a lender’s perspective and how it can assist an affordable housing project in satisfying your credit union’s underwriting standards.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance personnel, managers, auditors, and others that deal with affordable housing and tax credit loans.
• Loan closing checklist for LIHTC projects
• PDF copy of the slides
• Employee training log
• Interactive quiz