|Event Date||Thu Jun 9 EDT (in 4 months)|
IBA Center for Professional Development
8425 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, Suite 155E Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
This CFO Forum will provide a platform and opportunity for Chief Financial Officers and controllers to exchange ideas freely, dissect problems and discuss important issues with peers. You do not want to miss this opportunity!
Benefits of the Forum…
• Improve your effectiveness as CFO/Controller
• Learn what’s working and what’s not in bank financial management
• Improve the efficiency of your bank’s financial function
• Form lasting relationships with other CFOs
• Solve your most pressing concerns
• Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
• Grow professionally as well as personally
• Discuss with peers what works and what doesn’t
How the Forum Works…
• We will organize the forum based on bank size and market to ensure that participants have as much in common as possible
• The group will be small—no more than 15 participants.
• The Forum will meet three times during the year
• Eight to 10 topics will be discussed at each session; participants are strongly encouraged to suggest agenda topics of interest
• Forum participants get the benefit of working with expert consultants on a cost-saving basis
• A binder based on Forum topics is compiled for each group member
Possible Forum Topics
• Accounting issues - FASB guidance on liquidity and interest rate risk disclosures; Evolution of the ALLL toward the Current Expected Credit Loss model; FASB guidance on liquidity and interest rate risk disclosures
• ALCO issues - Getting the most from your model and your advisor; Board understanding of ALCO issues; Surviving the low/flat rate environment, enhancing your investment portfolio, non—core funding techniques.
• Bank profitability issues - Squeezing every basis point; Leading indicators of profitability versus lagging indicators; Customer profitability measurement, loan pricing, models, fee income generation.
• Regulatory issues - Increasing emphasis on enterprise risk management; Stress testing the capital plan; Assessing third party vendor risk, Contingency Funding Plan evaluation
• Financial reporting issues - The CFO as Chief Measurement Officer; Reports that change behavior; Planning/budgeting issues; Improvements in Board reporting, and Dashboard.
• Personal growth - Making execution a priority; The CFO as a leader; Retention and motivation of financial function personnel
• Emerging issues - The CFO and cybersecurity; Analyzing technology investments and their risks; Succession planning for CFOs.
2021 Past Speaker
President of Stremming Consulting Services, LLC (SCS)