Thu Mar 7 AEDT - Fri Mar 8 AEDT (over 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EST): Wed Mar 6 4:00pm - Fri Mar 8 1:00am
123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
CIE’s Alternatives Forum explores the role of alternative investments in institutional portfolios at a time when investors are looking to diversify the sources of risk and return away from interest rates and equity market beta.
The Forum examines some of the key factors to successfully investing across private and alternative markets domestically and abroad. It focuses on effective implementation of investment strategies, explores various approaches to portfolio construction and highlights the key trends taking place now and into the future across the spectrum of alternative investments.
Some of the other key issues the Forum looks to address relate to methods of accessing private and alternative investments, the associated fees, risks and opportunities for investors, due diligence considerations, strategies for managing illiquidity and the different approach required when dealing with a counterparty compared to a public exchange.
Topics to be covered include:
• Exchanging ideas and approaches to diversifying portfolios
• Exploring global investment opportunities across private and alternative markets
• Assessing challenges investors face in allocating capital to alternative assets
• Strategies for deploying capital and optimally implementing alternatives into institutional portfolios
• Analysing trends in capital flows between regions and across global markets
Who should attend?
• Chief Investment Officers
• Heads of asset classes
• Investment Committee members
• Senior investment staff
• Trustees of institutional investor entities