|Event Date||Tue Apr 7 EDT (over 1 year ago)|
|Location||450 Main Street, Dubuque, IA, USA|
Detecting Problem Loans is designed to sharpen the ability of participants to recognize potential problem loans early, to analyze credit and operational risks, and to work with problem credits. Case studies provide an opportunity for participants to apply what they have learned throughout the course.
Who will benefit?
Detecting Problem Loans is for loan officers and other credit professionals who need to understand the ways to minimize problem loans and to deal with them once they surface. The course is appropriate for junior to mid-level commercial lenders, credit review and credit policy officers, and junior workout officers.
• Recognize the causes of business failure and loan losses.
• Diagnose management/operating problems, potential problem loans, and critical occurrences.
• Identify the early warning signs, coincident and lagging indicators of problem loans, the five stages of problem loan resolution, and monitoring tools.
• Explore how the alarm is sounded and by whom, the watch process and report, and the development of an action plan.
• Understand the nine-step process for analyzing problem loans.
• Explore the basic options for resolving problem loans—outplacement, workout, and liquidation.
• Identify lender liability issues and how to communicate the bank's decision to the borrower.