Sun Mar 22 PDT - Mon Mar 23 PDT (almost 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EST): Sun Mar 22 1:00pm - Mon Mar 23 9:00pm
San Francisco, CA
District Conference 2020 - Members of PRSA’s North Pacific District are as diverse as the states they represent — Alaska, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming — but they have something in common: a drive to be better connected and more effective communicators. That is why the North Pacific District exists, to assist members in achieving their professional goals.
The North Pacific District plays an important role in supporting the 15 chapters in nine western states and the National board. Chapter presidents and their board members are responsible for their own membership recruitment, professional development, programming, and conferences. In addition, they also support many Public Relations Student Society of America PRSSA chapters. It is a volunteer effort that requires constant leadership development and oversight, and PRSA districts were created to assist chapters in fulfilling their responsibilities.
North Pacific District Leaders are responsible for:
• Assisting PRSA National leaders in disseminating information and organizing national events and programs.
• Developing leaders who can serve on the National Board. (Most national board members served on their chapter and district boards before ascending to national leadership positions.)
• Helping District members tap into PRSA resources.
• Consulting with and supporting Chapter presidents.
• Encouraging and facilitating the accreditation (APR) process.
• Encouraging chapter leaders to reach out PRSSA chapters, welcoming students and helping them participate in chapter events.
• Maintaining the District website
• Providing a delegate to the National Nominating Committee each August.
The District is about:
• Developing leadership
• Sharing knowledge and information
• Providing network opportunities
• Photo credits: rawpixel.com from Pexels