Sat Jan 2 CST (10 months ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Sat Jan 2 9:00am - Sat Jan 2 6:00pm
The 14th annual Day‐Ahead Conference on Financial Markets and Institutions is an opportunity for productive interaction in advance of the 2021 ASSA meeting and the sharing of policy‐relevant research among economists in the Federal Reserve System, at other central banks, and in academia.
As with many conferences, covid‐19 introduces substantial uncertainty into planning. We will decide at the earliest possible time about whether to hold the conference in person or as a virtual event. At this point, we cannot guarantee that we will hold an in-person conference even if the ASSA does so.
The Day‐Ahead organizing committee invites the submission of both theoretical and empirical research on domestic and international financial markets and institutions, particularly involving topics relevant to central bank mandates such as:
• Bank and nonbank financial intermediation
• Financial markets and the macroeconomy
• Unconventional monetary policy tools and their effects
• Household finance and the transmission of monetary policy
• Emerging risks such as climate change and cyber risk
• Financial stability and the conduct of monetary policy
• The impact of macroprudential policies
• The functioning of money markets
• Interconnection of global financial markets
• The effects of uncertainty on financial markets and institutions
• Supervision and regulation of financial institutions