Thu Dec 6 GMT (almost 3 years ago)
In your timezone (EST): Thu Dec 6 3:00am - Thu Dec 6 12:00pm
St Catherines Court
Berkeley Pl, Bristol BS8 1BQ, UK
This course will explain charity finance for those from a non-financial background. By the end of the day, participants will have more understanding and greater confidence when working with budgets and accounts.
This session will cover:
• Overview of differing legal structures and annual reporting requirements
• Record keeping - including overview of different fund types and look at example cashbook and importance of fund/ project tracking. Discuss how this works in practice with computerised packages
• Group session around what constitutes best practice management account content and review what management might like to see v trustees at board meetings
• Interpretation of accounts – overview of cash basis v accruals basis followed by example accounts exercise, group discussion and then key pointers/ things to look for – revenue recognition, cut-off principles etc.
• Budgets/ forecasting – overview of how to create and examples of excel-based budgeting
Who should attend?
Managers new to budget holding, fundraisers and project managers in charities.
• Gerrard Financial