Despite global poverty falling in recent decades, almost 2 billion people around the world remain unbanked, uninsured or without assets or savings. During the Covid-19 pandemic, those without access to formal financial services suffered most. As governments across the world rebuild their economies and drive the transition to a green global economy, financial inclusion represents a major opportunity for professional investors looking to do good.
In Episode 11 of The ESG Innovation Hub, we’re joined by leaders from across the global finance space to discuss the role of ESG in driving financial inclusion and to share their insights on how to design portfolios that work to tackle economic inequality.
Topics for discussion include:
- Understanding financial inclusion and why it matters
- Tried-and-tested approaches to investing in financial inclusion
- Designing a financial inclusion-focused portfolio
- Measuring Equity, Diversity and Inclusion to determine corporate social impact
- The Gig Economy: opportunities and challenges for Impact Investors
- And more...
Consultant, Speaker, WellHouse Consulting