|Event Date||Tue Jun 15 EDT (4 months ago)|
As if COVID hasn’t caused enough suffering, fraudsters are piling on COVID-related scams at an alarming rate. Of course, they are also keeping up with their regular bag of tricks. FinCEN has issued advisories regarding fraud and reporting. Attend this timely webinar to ensure you can properly complete the SAR fields and narrative in fraud situations.
Pandemic-related fraud is on the rise. A number of familiar schemes with a COVID-19 slant have resurfaced with a vengeance! In its first guidance early in the pandemic and in many additional advisories since, FinCEN has advised us to be alert.
But just because there’s an uptick in pandemic-related fraud, that doesn’t mean the “old” types have slowed down. SAR filings remain high for suspicious activity related to virtual currency, elder financial exploitation, marijuana-related businesses, and cyber incidents. This jam-packed session will review FinCEN’s related reporting guidance. You’ll learn how to properly complete the SAR fields in these situations and how to ensure your SAR narrative contains the elements needed to best assist law enforcement. Participant materials will include procedures and best practices for determining when to file, SAR completion, and what to do after a filing.
• Understand how recent FinCEN advisories impact the SAR filing procedures.
• Use provided tools to track advisory requirements and increase SAR accuracy.
• Identify red flags for emerging fraud areas and determine when filing a SAR is necessary.
• Write an effective SAR narrative containing all required components detailed in recent advisories and guidance.
• Correct errors on previously filed reports.
• Easy reference chart for recent FinCEN SAR-filing guidance.
• Sample SAR completion procedures.
• Suspicious activity report frequently asked questions.
• SAR review checklist.
• Sample suspicious incident report.
• Employee training log.
• Interactive quiz.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, security officers, and anyone responsible for managing your BSA/AML program.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.