Tue May 18 CDT (5 months ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Tue May 18 2:30pm - Tue May 18 4:30pm
During this program, we will look at the checks and all the questions you get asked every day. Insurance checks, treasury checks and regular checks, what are you supposed to do and what can you do to help the account holder and his or her family. What if there will be no official estate account? This program is a must for all who work the front line.
• How many days after death can I pay checks my account holder wrote before death?
• How to handle treasury checks after death
• What happens to customer’s funds on social security representative payee accounts?
• Who can negotiate a check made payable to the decedent?
• What documentation do we need to prove someone can act for decedent?
• Can the spouse endorse checks for decedent?
• Who can negotiate checks “To the Family of John Doe”?
• Many other questions you get asked daily at the death of an account holder
• What is an estate? Who is an estate?
• What if it is a small estate?
• Can we write checks to funeral homes?
• Can businesses deposit checks after death?
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit new accounts representatives, tellers, trainers, branch managers, personal bankers, deposit operations and branch administration personnel.
President, Gettechnical Inc.