Wed Jan 26 +08 - Fri Jan 28 +08 (in 7 days)
In your timezone (EST): Tue Jan 25 11:00am - Thu Jan 27 11:00am
This forum aims to promote and share innovative technologies, good practices, case studies, and practical solutions to protect and enhance the health and resilience of ocean ecosystems and coastal communities in the region.
The three-day forum will cover 4 thematic tracks: (1) Plastic-free Oceans, (2) Coastal Resilience, (3) Ocean Finance, and (4) Blue Foods. The program will include talks by ocean champions, seaside conversations with ADB management, and special spotlight sessions. Deep dives under each thematic track will feature ocean science, innovations, and technologies along with traditional and proven approaches and solutions (including low-technology and indigenous knowledge) that have potential for scale-up.
An interactive virtual expo will showcase technology solutions for enhancing ocean health from businesses, research institutes, and international and local organizations. All-day networking opportunities will be provided.
This is a flagship event under the ADB Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies, launched in 2019, which aims to increase ocean investments and technical assistance to developing member countries.
The this forum aims to:
• Promote knowledge sharing on innovation, technology, and financing needs and solutions to protect and enhance ocean health
• Identify how technology and innovation can accelerate the transition to and growth of sustainable blue economies; and
• Facilitate partnerships to increase ocean investments in Asia and the Pacific.
• Government officials from ADB member countries working with Ministries of finance, environment, fisheries, agriculture, and in the fields of environmental management, ocean governance, waste management, pollution control, and other related sectors
• Private Sector, including multinational companies, micro-, small- and medium-scale enterprises (MSMEs), venture capitalists and impact investors
• Technology providers
• Civil society organizations, including NGOs, advocacy groups, community and youth leaders
• Academia and research institutions
• Development partners, finance institutions and philanthropic foundations
• Government of Japan: Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction
• Government of Republic of Korea: e-Asia Knowledge Partnership fund
• ASEAN Catalytic Green Finance Facility (ACGF)
• World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
• Save Philippine Seas (SPS)
• The Nature Conservancy (TNC)