|Event Date||Thu Mar 7 EST (almost 3 years ago)|
16 W Adams Street - Chicago
Every business in every industry must think and act like a technology company to compete in today’s global economy. Exponential technologies--including artificial intelligence, blockchain and quantum computing--coupled with political uncertainty, make leading a business today no easy feat and the stakes are high. Adding to that, backlash against the tech titans has overshadowed technology’s potential to create value by giving a dystopian future most of the spotlight.
The 2019 edition of the Innovation Summit will dive into the role of technology in shaping profit and progress, answering questions such as:
• Can companies ensure that they have long-term strategies despite the uncertainty, and can technology set them up for a positive and profitable growth?
• Which technologies are going to make the most impact to corporations' bottom lines the soonest?
• Is the fear that the tech titans will use their power to protect and extend their own dominance to the detriment of consumers justified?
• How can policymakers restrain the giants without unduly stifling innovation? And what ought to be the role of the governments in curbing tech monopolies and propelling competition?
• The debates and discussions at the summit will offer a robust geopolitical context while dissecting and analyzing the trends that promise to follow Moore's Law patterns of exponential growth.
The Innovation Summit is designed for C-level and senior executives responsible for information, technology, strategy, and marketing, who are charged with driving innovation and new product development—across industries and sectors within their business. Attendees will participate in a full day of stimulating, interactive discussion and debate.
Chief product officer, Uber
Chief digital officer, IBM
Managing partner, GGV Capital
Founder, North Yard Analytics, and co-founder NYK Capital Management
Chief executive, Darktrace
President, ManpowerGroup North America
Founder and chief executive, Primer AI
Vice-president of AI and machine learning, Unity Technologies
VR/AR investor and chief of staff to the chief executive, HTC
President and chief executive, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
Director of the Chicago Quantum Exchange, University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
Director of quantum hardware, Intel
Chief technology officer, Airbus
Chief executive and founder, GoFly
Chief executive, Space Angels and managing partner, Space Capital
Chief executive, NanoRacks
Director of research, New Knowledge, and head of policy, Data for Democracy
Director of strategy, Google Cloud AI
Founder and chief executive, Civis Analytics
Chief technology officer, Riverbed Technology
Managing director, Insight Venture Partners
Chief technology officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and director, Hewlett Packard Labs
Founder and chair, Exponential Medicine, and chair for medicine & neuroscience, Singularity University
Chief strategy officer, Human Rights Foundation
Alexandra Suich Bass
US technology editor, The Economist
US business editor, The Economist