|Event Date||Fri Jan 14 EST (12 days ago)|
If you are new to insurance and have limited knowledge of the Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance industry, this webinar is for you. Its purpose is to provide you an overview of the developments and functions of P&C insurance, introduce basic concepts and key roles in the process.
It will be of benefit to administrative and support staff, accounts personnel, Human Resources and Information Technology employees, and any newcomers to the industry who would like to broaden their understanding of it.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Define and explain "insurance" in everyday terms, including insurable risk
- Discuss the impact of risk and list some examples of perils and hazards
- Outline the basic insurance roles and relationships
- Discuss the functions of insurance in society
- Identify three major types of insurance and give examples of general insurance
- Recognize types of insurers and identify key functional areas
- Outline processes to establish insurance coverage and claims handling
- Recognize the role of and the types of reinsurance
- Identify various insurance organizations
George Cooper, CIP
Ambassador, Insurance Institute of Southern Alberta & Insurance Instititue of Canada