Wed Apr 29 CEST - Thu Apr 30 CEST (over 1 year ago)
In your timezone (EST): Wed Apr 29 3:00am - Thu Apr 30 7:00am
L42, 49 Wetstraat, Brussel
The New EU Mechanism for Foreign Investment Control
● National Security Risks and the Capital Markets Union
● Critical Technologies, Infrastructure, Inputs, Data and Media
● Strategic Implications for FDI and Cross-border M&A
• How to interpret and apply Regulation 2019/452 in practice
• How to identify and mitigate risks to EU and Member State security or public order
• Impact on EU foreign direct investments (FDI), takeovers and M&A transactions
• Ownership due diligence for purposes of foreign investment control
• Best practices for Member State authorities, foreign investors, legal counsel and financial intermediaries
• Legal or administrative recourse against screening decisions
Who should attend?
Staff of EU and national screening authorities, in-house lawyers at privatesector financial institutions, lawyers in private practice.