Thu Mar 3 CST (in about 1 month)
In your timezone (EST): Thu Mar 3 1:00am - Thu Mar 3 1:00am
While we may have hoped the IRA reporting deadlines would be back to normal, the federal disasters and other interruptions on 'normal' life have triggered some late reporting in several states.
We are not sure whether or not the processors picked up the late contribution deadlines or IRS filing extensions. If not, there may have to be some adjustments in how these are being reported in "which box"?
What You Will Learn;
• What should report in each box of the 1099-R and 5498?
• How does the repayment of the the CRD report to the IRS?
• How do we report Qualified Charitable Distributions?
• Who is responsible for showing the IRS 10% penalty exception on pre-59.5 age qualified distributions?
• What is the difference between a postponed contribution and repayment?
• How do we correct the reporting after it has been filed with the IRS?
• What is the difference between Traditional vs. Roth distribution codes and why is it so important to know the difference?
Who Should Attend?
Any employee who is remotely involved with IRAs and answers client's questions regarding the rules, regulations and reporting including: IT Dept, Financial Advisors, Customer Services Reps, Call Centers and Operations Dept who are responsible for checking paperwork and correcting reporting mistakes.
Patrice M. Konarik
President, Sunwest Training Corp.