|Event Date||Tue Jul 27 EDT (3 months ago)|
Managing IRA beneficiary designations and explaining allowable distribution options to IRA beneficiaries may be the most complex area of administering an IRA program. Handling traditional IRA-required minimum distributions (RMDs) isn’t far behind. This timely session will address beneficiary designations and RMDs, including recent rule changes and implications as a result of the SECURE Act, which significantly altered the rules surrounding required death distributions and required minimum distributions. If you interact with owners, have IRA operational, reporting, or managerial responsibilities, this session will provide a solid understanding of current rules and important considerations.
• Understand the fundamentals of the new beneficiary distribution rules under the SECURE Act.
• Examine proper documentation of beneficiary designations.
• Determine allowable beneficiary distribution options.
• Identify responsibilities versus best practices when handling required minimum distributions.
• Know IRS and IRA owner RMD reporting requirements.
• Discuss common terminology, including required beginning date, aggregation of plans, and excess accumulations.
• Sample quick reference beneficiary options chart.
• Employee training log.
• Interactive quiz.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program will provide the latest information and guidance to staff who have IRA operational or compliance responsibilities and those who interact with IRA owners or beneficiaries. In addition, management and staff who hold insurance and securities licenses will gain an in-depth understanding of the latest requirements for handling beneficiary and RMD inquiries.
President, LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.