Tue Apr 28 BST (almost 2 years ago)
In your timezone (EST): Tue Apr 28 3:40am - Tue Apr 28 12:10pm
Cavendish Conference Centre
Cavendish Venues, 22 Duchess Mews, Marylebone, London W1G 9DT, UK
At EU level, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has issued a Consultation Paper on a number of key areas including extending the scope of MAR to spot FX contracts, as well as examining the current definition of “inside information” and the relationship between MAR and market soundings. Their Report is expected in Spring 2020.
Whatever the outcome at an EU level, and whatever the UK’s future relationship with the EU may be, one thing is clear: the FCA will leave no stone unturned in investigating any potential market misconduct or manipulation.
At this important Summit, the speaker will highlighting their current and future priorities including the control of inside information following the Abdel-Malek case. Other key issues to be addressed include:
• Differences in approach across European regulators and cross-border regulatory co-operation
• Should the perimeter of MAR be extended to the foreign exchange and commodities markets?
• Aligning market abuse surveillance and controls with AML/financial crime surveillance and controls
• The relationship between MAR and legitimate market sounding
• Suspicious activity and transaction reporting from the buy-side and sell-side
• Issuers’ obligations on inside information controls
• Market conduct risk of cryptoassets
Who should attend
Heads of Legal, Compliance, Financial Crime, Investigations, Regulatory & Market Strategy, Whistleblowing, Business Compliance, Culture and Conduct, Regulatory Risk and Litigation.
From: Banks, asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds and insurers. The event will also be of interest to the advisory community, including law firms, accountants, and regulatory and technology consultancies.
Director Market Oversight, Financial Conduct Authority
Director General for Markets, CNMV
Head of EMEA Markets and Treasury Compliance, BNY Mellon
Director, Market Structure, Barclays Investment Bank
Senior Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, ICMA
Partner, TLT LLP
Head of Regulatory Policy, LME
Partner, Head of UK Financial Services Regulation, Gowling WLG
Chief Executive Officer, EVIA
Financial Economist, Market Abuse Investigation Unit, CONSOB
Partner, Latham & Watkins
CEO, FICC Markets Standards Board
Global Head of Compliance, Brevan Howard
2020 Sponsors and Supporter
• Eversheds Sutherland
• Gowling WLG
• Latham & Watkins