|Event Date||Tue Jul 20 EDT - Wed Jul 21 EDT (12 days ago)|
Complying with Multi-state Corporate Tax Codes.
Conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues regarding whether or not a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. You'll be able to guide your clients skillfully through the maze of multi-state corporate tax codes.
This will allow you to rapidly develop a working knowledge of multi-state tax compliance and the related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area.
Bonus: Materials include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
• Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272.
• Nexus, UDITPA, MTC.
• Calculation of state taxable income.
• Filing methods for multi-state taxpayers.
• Apportionment and allocation.
• Multi-state income tax planning.
• Audit defense strategies.
• Identify the key principles of multi-state taxation.
• Compare the implications of establishing nexus in varying taxing jurisdictions.
• Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize your client’s overall sales and/or income tax liability.
• Determine the effect of recent judicial rulings in various states on your client's activities.
• Determine the extent of state taxation on Internet-based transactions for your client's current and future activities.
Who Will Benefit;
• Experienced tax professionals and accountants.
• Private industry accountants and finance professionals.
Andrew H. Johnson