|Event Date||Sun Nov 3 EST - Fri Nov 8 EST (almost 2 years ago)|
MIT Sloan School of Management
100 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Building on MIT’s prestigious reputation and innovative culture, this program combines research-based management frameworks with practical hands-on experiences, and offers networking opportunities for top-tier convenience industry leaders. Attendees (from retail companies only) will directly apply methods and frameworks to their own businesses – to build innovation capability and improve business results.
the NACS Innovation Leadership Program offers convenience leaders the opportunity to:
• Learn how to build an innovation culture – focused on skills, desire, freedom of action, high commitment and high integrity
• Recognize and overcome mental models that inhibit innovation
• Leverage the principles and processes of design thinking
• Identify choices for responding to disruptive competition
• Develop digital business models
• Apply innovative methods for designing work and operating models that engage employees/create competitive advantage
• Experience first-hand MIT’s entrepreneurial innovation ecosystem
The power of innovation at MIT can’t be denied. A 2015 research study determined that MIT alumni have created over 30,000 companies with over 4.6 million employees and nearly $2 trillion in annual revenues – which would be the world’s 10th largest GDP if measured as a country.
Who Should Attend?
Presidents, CEOs and VPs within forward-thinking, innovation-seeking retail companies that are leading the convenience and fuel retailing industry.