|Event Date||Thu Oct 4 EDT (about 3 years ago)|
As vacant storefronts blight communities, cities and landlords are searching for solutions that will fill those spaces, whether through punitive fees on the owners of vacant sites or through creative approaches, such as pop-ups or new lease terms.
Despite having all the key ingredients to a retail boom - high consumer confidence, low unemployment, and strong economic growth, Bloomberg reported that the Retail Apocalypse is still to come. The future of the industry hangs in balance, but newcomers and mainstays alike are looking to innovate and disrupt the trends that plague them.
We will be exploring key themes such as:
1) Who are anchors of the future?
2) How have retailers transformed from brick-and-mortar to omni-channel retailers, and what does this mean for their landlords?
3) What does the debt burden on many retail chains mean for the future of the industry, and how will financing challenges be addressed for struggling retailers?
4) What are REIT leaders advising for investment strategies with the current state of retail?
5) What is beyond the 'Amazon Effect' in retail and e-commerce? Who else is innovating, and what direction will the sector head in?
President & CEO, Federal Realty Investment Trust
COO, Kimco Realty Corporation
President, Acadia Realty Trust
Cultural Anthropologist & Retail Strategist, EY
Chairman & CEO, RKF
Director of Store Development, Starbucks
Principal, The Prusik Group
Senior Managing Director, Real Estate Services, Madison Marquette
SVP, Empire State Realty Trust
VP of Real Estate, iPic Theaters
Chief Creative Officer, Sugar Hill Capital Partners
Robin McBride Zeigler
COO, Cedar Realty Trust
CEO, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment (PREIT)
Founder & CEO, Consortium
Co-Founder & Partner, Orangetheory Fitness
Partner, Anchin Block & Anchin
Director, Goulston & Storrs
• ANCHIN Your Expert Partner Accountants and Advisors