Thu Oct 14 +04 (2 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Thu Oct 14 12:30am - Thu Oct 14 2:30pm
As the world emerges from the global crisis which brought major disruption to supply chains and logistics activities across the world, people and businesses alike have become newly aware of vulnerabilities in the global supply chain. Growing out of this newfound awareness is an opportunity to re-think and re-assess current practices of how goods and services move around the world. There is an imperative to continue to improve the resilience of global trade and development of digital supply chain solutions.
Following on the exclusive launch of Knight Frank’s Africa Industrial and Logistics review report, Invest Africa and DLA Piper invites you to join the discussion of the opportunities and challenges of Africa’s logistic sector in the new world.
During this breakfast briefing panel, the following themes will be explored:
• What are the key lessons learnt from the impact of COVID-19 on the logistic sector in Africa
• What are the next steps for organisations to plug the infrastructure and logistics gap in Africa?
• What opportunities have come to light during the crisis to create leaner and innovative supply chains that lower costs for the end consumer, improve efficiency and increase flexibility in Africa?
• How will the newly ratified AfCFTA help boost infrastructure and logistics investments across Africa?
• What impact is the newly appointed NIPOST (Courier and Logistics Regulator) expected to have on Nigeria’s logistics businesses?
Partner, Head of Corporate, Middle East, DLA Piper
Director, Business Development, Ports
Senior Vice President, Corporate Finance & BD, DP World
Senior Analyst - Africa, Knight Frank
CEO, Agility Africa
• DLA Piper