Tue Jun 1 BST (over 1 year ago)
In your timezone (EST): Tue Jun 1 8:00am - Tue Jun 1 9:30am
|Location||Virtual Forum Seminar|
Topic: Spotlight on China
Session 1 - Geopolitical Risks: China’s Relationship with US and Europe – Implications for Portfolios
• With the ongoing trade war between US and China, we will discuss the geopolitical ramifications, especially with the Biden Administration.
• Understand the economic impact and what this means for global markets including macro factors such as inflation and interest rates.
• What is Europe’s role – does it stay connected to China/EU agreements with China? What does this mean for European investors?
• Consider the key areas of concerns and how you should evaluate exposure to technology in your portfolios?
• Review the role should China play in your portfolio, how safe are your investments and how can you analyse the risks and rewards?
Session 2 - Focus on Investing in China – A Look at Equities, other Asset Classes & ESG Issues
• Should schemes have a targeted asset allocation strategy of investing in China today and, if so, should this be strategic or tactical?
• We will review the key risks and opportunities for investing in China across asset classes such as equities and fixed income.
• Many schemes remain under-invested (to China) relative to benchmark allocation, but is that a conscious strategy and what is an appropriate benchmark for China?
• Identify the broader ESG considerations of investing in China
• Should investing in China be done actively or passively?
• Is an investment in a developed market company with a lot of business in China a safer way to get Chinese exposure?