|Event Date||Thu Jun 17 EDT (4 months ago)|
Being a notary public is a responsibility assumed by many financial institution employees. Unfortunately, most do not understand the personal liability when agreeing to serve in this capacity. Notaries and others will learn best practices for dealing with issues unique to the financial industry. Help your team know their responsibilities, plus learn basic laws, liability, and reviews of various notarial acts.
• Basic Notary Public laws.
• Responsibilities of a Notary Public.
• Conflicts of interest.
• What happens when the law and the employer don't agree.
• Different types of notarial acts.
• Notarial liability and why notaries are sued.
Who Should Attend?
Bank legal counsel, managers, supervisors, and notaries, as well as potential new notaries.
Terri D. Thomas, JD
Director, Kansas Bankers Association Legal Department