Mon Sep 27 PDT - Tue Sep 28 PDT (24 days ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Mon Sep 27 12:00pm - Tue Sep 28 6:45pm
455 Market Street, Suite 2300, San Francisco, CA USA
Pocket MBA is a hallmark program for attorneys whose careers have brought them into representing clients in the financial industry, but their background training lacked accounting principles and financial concepts. This program is designed to improve your understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals, and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors, and bankers.
Updated to address current topics in finance, an experienced and diverse group of professionals will share lessons from their experience, providing practical advice and industry knowledge. From financial statements to economic concepts in litigation, this program will take a broad overview of finance and the practical legal considerations that emerge in the business world. Application of pertinent information to actual situations and financial reports will provide participants with opportunities to immediately implement growth and broaden capabilities. This program will also discuss the ethical issues that attorneys face when dealing in the business world. The panel will discuss the rules of ethics for discovery, privileged communication, and disclosure obligation.
What You Will Learn:
• Learn or revisit certain accounting fundamentals and core concepts
• Practical corporate finance concepts — financial ratios and analysis
• How businesses generate, deploy and manage capital
• Understand common concepts in economics and how economics can be relevant to certain disputes
• Key factors shaping financial reporting that attorneys should know
• How to “navigate” and understand the basic financial statements
• The use of valuations and evaluating the financial health of an entity
• What exposure does counsel have for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts?
• Earn Ethics and Skills credit
• Appropriate for both litigation and transactional attorneys
Who Should Attend?
Attorneys and other professionals who work with, and want to learn more about, financial information.
Jennifer J. Carlson
Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
A. Christine Davis
Founder & Shareholder, Financial Evidence Group
CFA; Director, Berkeley Research Group
Partner, Head of Corporate Investment Banking Division, Loop Capital Markets
Josette C. Ferrer
Managing Director, Clairent Advisors, LLC
Nina L. Flax
Corporate & Securities partner, Mayer Brown LLP
Eric R. Goodman
Partner , Brown Rudnick LLP
Audit - Senior Manager, Grant Thornton LLP
Attorney at Law, New York, NY, USA
Partner, Alto Litigation PC
Robert B. Kolo
Global Director, Ethics and Compliance - Law Department, DRiV Automotive Inc.
Paul T. Llewellyn
Partner/Owner, Lewis & Llewellyn LLP
Partner, StoneTurn Group
Marvin G. Padilla
Managing Director, Intrepid Investment Bankers
Managing Director, Audit Services, Grant Thornton LLP
Lynn R. Rogozinski
Senior Vice President, Director of Ethics, Key Bank
Mose (Chad) Rucker III
Managing Director, Valuation Research Corporation
Jeremy M. Weitz
Shareholder and Co-Chair , Buchalter
Dan Werner, Ph.D.
Senior Consultant, NERA Economic Consulting
George M. Wilson
Director, SEC Institute, a Division of PLI