The financial management of ESIF requires new deadlines, new responsibilities and new control mechanisms. In 2020, most of member states need to deal with the n+3 rule. If they do not meet their spending targets, funding will be withdrawn. Officials responsible for the management of ESIF need to face the fact that financial corrections can include cancelling part or all of an EU contribution to an Operational Programme.
The first step to avoid withdrawals from the European Commission is to master the procedure of verification checks on ineligible expenditure. Efficiency can and needs to be increased e.g. with methods of risk assessment. The experience of handing in concrete numbers in annual accounts will offer new insights into the handling of the financial framework.
The experience of handing in concrete numbers in annual accounts will offer new insights into the handling of the financial framework. Get hands-on and practical tips from Member State with practical experiences and be therefore best prepared for accountin in 2021-2027.
What will you learn at this Practical Seminar?
• How to build in measures to minimise irregularities
• How to choose the right type of financial correction
• How to prepare for the decommitment process in the new n+3 rule
• How to proceed in case of irregularities and financial corrections
• How to identify ineligible expenditure in your beneficiaries’ payment claims
• What are the practical key findings of the annual accounts and management declaration and what can be learnt of it?
• What are practical advice from the first interim payments and final balance
• How to secure a good cooperation between different authorities involved in the financial management of the ESI Funds 2014-2020
• How to strengthen the annual assurance