|Event Date||Mon Sep 6 EDT - Thu Sep 9 EDT (19 days ago)|
Part 1 Tips & traps for Pay & File
○ Forms 11 & 12 2020 – what is new?
○ Recap on recent legislative changes including Finance Act 2020 – impact on returns
○ Round-up of eBriefs relevant to this filing season
○ Ensuring adequate disclosures including:
• extract from accounts pages
• income sources – in the context of 3rd party returns and exchange of information
• CAT and CGT requirements
Part 2 – Key filing considerations including Covid-19 measures
○ Case I/II
○ Schedule E
• Share options
• Taxation of the 2020 Covid-19 payments to individuals
• Availability of personal tax credits and reliefs including SARP, SURE, FED, split year relief, cross border relief, R&D tax credit, etc.
• Director’s remuneration in the context of PMod
○ Foreign income sources – areas to watch out for e.g. double tax relief, offshore funds, etc.
○ Case V
○ Issues for non-residents, non-domiciles and high net worth individuals
○ Debt warehousing
○ Cashflow considerations including:
• Preliminary Tax options
• Year-end options for Case I/II
• Reviewing deductions and provisions for Case I/II
• Reviewing deductions, credits and reliefs including pensions, EII, medical expenses, etc.
KPMG and Esther Granger, Revenue Commissioners