Thu Apr 29 AEST (6 months ago)
In your timezone (EDT): Wed Apr 28 7:30pm - Thu Apr 29 2:30am
Institute of Public Accountants Level 12
6 O'Connell Street Sydney, NSW 2000
This seminar guides you through the key elements and aspects of Australian taxation law, as it relates to taxation returns for individuals. It also outlines the administrative requirements including returns, tax collection and withholding mechanisms, assessments, obligations, rulings, penalties and audits.
• Assessable income.
• Tax rebates/offsets and tax accounting.
• Residence, source of income and international tax.
• Reportable superannuation and fringe benefits tax.
• Capital Gains Tax.
• Termination payment rules.
• Income tests.
• Medicare Levy.
• Record keeping.
• Assessments, Tax collection, withholding mechanisms, obligations, rulings, penalties and audits.
• Anti-tax avoidance for individuals.
• Tips and traps.
• You will be able to accurately identify, record and confidently calculate sources of income, allowable deductions, rebates and levies to complete an individual tax return.
Mr Peter Adams