|Event Date||Wed Dec 15 EST (about 1 month ago)|
A full-day seminar providing a comprehensive review of fair lending laws, rules, regulations and examination procedures. Today's fair lending practices continue to be subject to heightened scrutiny by both federal and state regulators. Non-compliance with fair lending laws can lead to enforcement actions from your regulators, HUD and/or the DOJ. Additionally, violations could have a significant impact to your strategic, financial, operations, legal, compliance and reputational risk.
Join this seminar as we explore the fair lending rules, how to detect potential issues, monitor for exceptions, and prepping for the fair lending exam. We also highlight the key components (and examiner expectations) of what your Fair Lending Program should include.
Here is What You'll Learn:
• What's "Fair" about Fair Lending.
• Overview/highlight of laws impacting Fair Lending, including ECOA, HMDA, Fair Housing Act, FCRA, CRA, UDAP/UDAAP, common state law prohibitions.
• Types of discrimination.
• Know Your Reasonably Expected Market Area (REMA).
• Fair Lending consequences.
• Assessing & Monitoring Fair Lending Risk.
• Fair Lending Risk Assessment.
• Monitoring for Fair Lending Risk.
• Impact of Exceptions for Lending Policies.
• Impact of Expanded HMDA Data.
• Educating the Front Line.
• Fair Lending Compliance Management Program.
• Fair Lending Examinations.
• Side-by-side Review.
• Interagency Examinations Procedures.
• Key Cases and Examiner Hot Topics.
This seminar will be of value to Board members, senior management, lending, servicing and operations staff, in addition to compliance officers, auditors, risk managers, and trainers.
Vice President and Senior Consultant, ProBank Austin