|Event Date||Tue Feb 1 EST (in 3 days)|
The Federal Lending Compliance Rules for Consumer Mortgage Loans Continue to Change. No Topic Is Left Untouched – Everything From Application Requirements to Servicing and Collection Activities – Has and Will Continue to Face Many Challenges.
This One-day Seminar Will Cover the Key Considerations and Required Disclosures for Mortgage Loans Secured by Real Estate Through the Mortgage Loan Process – From Application to Servicing. We Will Bring Together the Requirements Under the Various Lending-related Regulations Necessary to Ensure Compliance for Closed-end, Consumer Purpose Real Estate and Dwelling-secured Loans.
During Most Seminars, Regulations Are Reviewed Individually. This Seminar Discusses the Disclosures on a Timeline Beginning When the Customer First Presents the Loan Request All the Way Through Closing and After Closing. The Material Is Organized in a Sequence Similar to the Way an Institution Processes a Loan. Attendees Leave With Detailed Materials, Which Will Be a Valuable Reference Tool.
• Truth-in-lending Act/regulation Z.
• Respa/regulation X.
• Fair Credit Reporting Act/fact Act – Regulation V.
• Equal Credit Opportunity Act/regulation B.
• Fair Housing Act.
• Flood Disaster Protection Act.
• Homeowners Protection Act.
• Homeownership Counseling Notification Requirements.
• Sale of Insurance.
What Is Covered:
• What Is an Application, a Prequalification, and a Preapproval.
• Lobby Notices.
• Applicable Application Requirements, Including Adjustable Rate Disclosures and Government Monitoring Information.
• the Timing and Content of Early Disclosures, Including the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure.
• When to Collect Fees and Verifiable Information.
• Disclosures During the Application Process and at Closing.
• Other Determination That Are Required - HPML; High Cost; Ability to Repay.
• Basic Servicing Requirements.
This Seminar Is Designed for the Compliance Professional Who Is Familiar With the Basics of Compliance for Closed-end Real Estate Secured Loans as Well as Those Individuals That Work in the Loan Application, Processing, Closing, and Audit Functions.
Vice President, ProBank Austin