|Event Date||Mon Jan 10 EST - Wed Jan 12 EST (16 days ago)|
ProBank Austin is pleased to offer this comprehensive Real Estate Lending Compliance seminar. The nature and size of the regulatory environment has grown to the point that the topics cannot be adequately covered in lesser time. This program is designed to offer the attendee instruction on all the topics affecting consumer mortgages.
This seminar is structured to address “Fair Lending” related topics followed by focusing on disclosures and contract provisions of the major consumer protection topics such as Regulation Z, RESPA and others.
This program is a must for those entering the “regulatory compliance world” or those responsible for “pre” closing file preparation or “post” closing file review. Attendees receive one of the most highly regarded manuals in the industry (over 500 pages of content). The manual will likely be referred to on countless occasions.
What Is Covered?
Emphasis on Fair Lending Issues;
Equal Credit Opportunity Act – Regulation B:
• Identification of the Prohibited Bases.
• Required Collection of Monitoring Information.
• Permissible Questions.
• Spousal Signatures.
• Appraisal Requirements.
Fair Housing Act:
• Coverage and Prohibited Practices.
• Specific Regulatory Agency Requirements.
Fair Credit Reporting Act/FACT Act:
• Permissible Purposes and Use of Reports.
• Risk-Based Pricing Notices.
• FCRA Adverse Action Notices.
• Obligations as Furnisher of Information.
Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices:
• Standards of Determining What’s Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive.
• Managing Risks.
Emphasis on Disclosures;
The Integrated Mortgage (TRID) Disclosures under the Truth-in-Lending Act and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act:
• Revised Definitions.
• Revised Coverage and Exemptions.
• The Loan Estimate.
• The Closing Disclosure.
• Timing and Delivery and Waiting Period Requirements.
• Rules for Issuing Revised and Corrected Disclosures.
• Recordkeeping Requirements.
Truth-in-Lending Act – Regulation Z (Closed-End Credit):
• Coverage and Exemptions.
• Adjustable Rate Mortgage Disclosures.
• Limitations on Mortgage Loan Originator Compensation.
• Identifying HOEPA (Sec. 32) and HPMLs (Sec. 35), Including New Escrow and Additional Appraisal Requirements.
• Rescission Pitfalls.
• Ability-to-Repay and Qualified Mortgages.
• Servicing Requirements Including Closed-End Periodic Statements.
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act:
• Current Coverage and Exemptions.
• Disclosures Regarding Force Placement of Insurance.
• Mortgage Servicing Policies.
• Early Intervention, Continuity of Contact, and Loss Mitigation Procedures.
• Proper Administration of Escrow Accounts.
• Prohibition of Referral Fees.
Flood Disaster Protection Act:
• When Flood Determinations are Required.
• Use of Previous Determinations.
• Accuracy, Content, and Timing of Required Notices.
• Escrow Requirements.
• Penalties for Non-Compliance.
Additional Reference Materials Provided:
• Homeowners Protection Act.
• Homeownership Counseling.
• Talent Amendment (Military Lending Act).
• Sale of Insurance.
• Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
This program is suitable for compliance officers, lenders, loan administration personnel, and auditors. Program content is presented at the basic to intermediate levels and focuses on federal law. Attendees should be generally familiar with lending terms and procedures. This is the annual review for those who realize the breadth of their task and know that, without help, they cannot read enough to keep up in this area.
Vice President, ProBank Austin