Fri Feb 18 CET (in 21 days)
In your timezone (EST): Thu Feb 17 6:00pm - Thu Feb 17 6:00pm
The work relates to the European Commission’s upcoming strategy for retail investments in Europe, which aims to ensure that retail investors can take full advantage of capital markets and that rules are coherent across legal instruments. EIOPA intends to publish in February 2022, in advance of the public hearing, a Consultation Paper on its draft Technical Advice.
EIOPA was requested in a Call for Advice from the Commission at the end of July 2021 to focus on the following aspects in its work:
• Addressing and enhancing investor engagement with disclosures;
• Drawing out the benefits of digital disclosures;
• Assessing the risks and opportunities presented by new digital tools & channels;
• Tackling damaging conflicts of interest in the sales process;
• Promoting an affordable and efficient sales process; and
• Assessing the impact of complexity in the retail investment product market.
The public hearing will be of interest to financial market participants, their representative associations, investor representatives or consumer bodies, and consultants or academics and representatives from the EU and national institutions.