Wed Jun 3 PDT (over 1 year ago)
In your timezone (EST): Wed Jun 3 8:00pm - Wed Jun 3 9:30pm
Greenspoon Marder LLP
1875 Century Park East, Suite 1900 Los Angeles, CA 90067
Please join CREFC & Greenspoon Marder LLP for an After-Work Seminar on qualified opportunity zone financial issues and IRS guidance. Discussion topics will include:
• Synopsis of IRS guidance on OZ’s and update
• How OZ’s will impact real estate finance – have they yet, and if so, who will lend for financing bridge, construction and take-out loans?
• Institutional banks
• Private equity
Potential future issues and ghosts of the past:
• Refinance wave on December 31, 2026 (end of temporary deferral period)?
• Eventual federal regulation as securities?
• Similarities with other tax deferral structures: tenancy-in-common (TIC) sponsors and Delaware Statutory Trust structures – could lead to IRS scrutiny
• GreenspoonMarder LLP