|Event Date||Wed Mar 24 EDT (over 1 year ago)|
With increased delinquencies and defaults occurring in 2020 for certain commercial real estate property types, the number of court-appointed receivers has also increased. Join MBA and industry experts for this discussion where we will explain the basics of how receiverships work, what they are as well as what opportunities they may create for certain lenders down the road.
Looking back at the Great Recession, many receivers actually sold the collateral where they had been appointed. While it is too early to determine how the current landscape will evolve, understanding some of the nuances and pitfalls is significant for lenders who may entertain financing properties in the months and years to come.
• How receiverships work and the current landscape
• Roles and responsibilities of a receiver
• Important factors to understand in working with receivers
• Distressed financing opportunities
• Significant factors to understand in financing receivership sales
Who Should Attend?
• Asset Managers
• Junior to mid-level CRE finance professionals
Partner, Thompson Knight
Managing Partner, Trigild
Senior Vice President, Head of Special Servicing, Midland Loan Services